http://www.fpif.org/fpiftxt/5471
The following link leads you to an article titled, "Christians United for Israel and Attacking Iran".
We should be aware that many Christians in the United States believe that violence against others in the name of God or Christ is acceptable. Let us understand that it is not only limited to Christians. September 11, 2001 is a clear indication that others feel the same way.
I feel like I am living in the days of Christ when he wept on the Mount of Olives. The Jewish leaders and jewish society was looking for:
..."the Redeemer of Israel and its Holy One,
to the despised One
to the One abhorred by the nation,
to the Servant of rulers,
Kings will see and arise,
Princes will also bow down,
Because of the Lord whois faithful, the Holy One of Israel who has
chosen You." (Isaiah 49:7)
Christ preached and taught for three and a half years, but people could not look past the preconcieved notions that they were brought up with. I want you to consider this: when Jesus was alive the Jewish Temple was standing and it was considered the jewel of the Roman empire (from what I read). He wept because he knew that the temple would be torn down due to the obstinance of the Jewish body. In A.D. 70 the temple was town down as he fortold. "And He said to them, 'Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, (refering to the temple) which will not be torn down.'"
Christ preached peace and love. Christ's peace surpasses all understanding. I have nothing against Jewish people nor do I have anything against the people like Caiaphas who crucified Jesus for I believe that if I was alive at that time I would get caught up into the frenzie I might have denied Him three times like Peter. Luckily I was not alive in those days, but I find many of the same questions here today.
Christ came here to serve others, not to murder them. In today's society, we need to pray more. I think devout muslims are a good example for us Christians. They pray three times a day. Does that make them more right? I don't think so. If we believe in the spiritual realm, we should understand that "it is not by flesh and blood" thay we fight.
Christians, we first need to repent and pray for mercy on us and those blinded by sin.
I pray for the salvation of every palestinan, jew, gentile, arab, iranian. This is not a time to fight, but pray - serve - and love one another.
Thank you,
Ronald Bruinius
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment